Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Hudson!! Your mom is an amazing woman, raising a strong, independent boy, without a doubt :)
Holy cow. A bit of a change from what I posted earlier...
We got a freak April fool's blizzard on Friday, and were unable to leave for the tournament. I went to the gym with Lynsey and got a great lift in. Overhead squats, hang cleans, push up rows, pull ups & obliques... Love bringing new friends to lift with me, and how excited they get when they enjoy it. She's going to be joining our early morning workout crew :)!

Saturday we took off early and headed to Boston College. We played 4 30 minute field hockey games... Sunday was more of the same at UMass Amherst, 4 more games. All in all, we played 4 full field hockey games in 2 days. Needless to say, I'm tired. My achilles on my left ankle is sore, but really the rest of my body just needs some sleep and I'll be good as new. Today is a much needed day off, but I'll be back at it tomorrow, throwing some weights around with the girls!

Ash sent me some awesome workouts she's been doing, so I'm going to post them here...

Warm up
10 push ups/tap shoulders
10 jump squats (countdown to 1 rep)

30 around the worlds with plate
...30 russian twists
30 bent over rows
30 knee hugs
30 reptile push ups (knee to elbow)
30 squat shoulder press
30 side plank raise (30 each side)
30 plank row
3 rounds of hell :)


warm up
15 min max reps:
20 knee hugs, 30 mtn climbers(or high knees), 20 bicycles

5 Rounds
...36 Basu (?) ball jumps (tap foot on each side)
20 Squat shoulder press (i did 15 Lb dumbells)
36 squat, bob, knee up (hahaha ill explain what it looks like, it starts in a squat position hands in front bob like you would in kickboxing and raise a knee to the side ill find a video of what it looks like)
15 dumbell curls
1 lap jog with 12/15 lb medicine ball alternate hands half way, keep elbow at 90* angle to isolate bi (we bumped up weight each time ending at 18 LBs)

No comments:

Post a Comment